Tuesday 24 May 2011

Broken Souls

Ready to be repaired, waiting to be mended
Needing to be fixed I lie about my age
Needing to be taken in I lie about my life
I know it will be alright in the end, I will be fixed and patched up, my broken soul will mend and live on
From the first time the pain struck me I knew I would have to be made, my dark eyes, my red mouth, my twisted smile, my raging nightmares
Don't be worried, once I'm corrected I'll be perfect
Cleaned up, I'll be cured
I'm not your puppet, I'm not your slave
Maybe that glimmer in my makers eyes will sharpen someday
Sometimes I wonder why the skies are blue and why the grass is green
Maybe I just think it's green, maybe I just think it's blue
The only way this could happen would be to get away from everyone, and be with you, us together
I admire the smirks from the co-engineers crafting the very hearts of life
Maybe someday I will escape and find a home in the wasteland of today
The barren fields ruined by poisonous weeds, rigid plains
The last of my kind
The last of my race
The last of my generation
Escapades make my life meaningful
Anywhere is beautiful when it's away from here
I wonder if theres life or if I'm alone
I know myself there will always be life, flowing through my veins, pumping through my heart
Unlucky me, though I'm never alone my minds my company it entertains, it thinks, it laughs, it walks, it talks, it helps



No comments:

Post a Comment